Word of Mouth is on Digital Steroids: Social Media Revolution – Part 3
Erik Qualman, author of my favorite social media book “Socialnomics” is back with another rendition of his very well known infographic video “Social Media Revolution”. This is part 3, with some very new and insightful statistics, but also some very familiar ones as well. I’m thinking if you attend any social media conference in the near future this one will be on high rotation. Some interesting stats that I found I’ve highlighted below:
- Facebook now tops Google in Weekly traffic in the US
- 95% of companies that use social media for recruitment use Linkedin – they have this on lockdown
- Lady Gaga (11.3 million), Justin Bieber (10.6 million) and Britney Spears (8.3 million) have more followers than Greece (11.2 million), Sweden (9.3 million) and Israel (7.4 million)
- 50% of the mobile traffic in the UK is from Facebook
- In 2013, social gamers are expected to spend $6 billion. Movie goers are expected to spend $2 billion.
Some absolute staggering and exciting stats for the future and present state of social media.
Let me know what you think in the comments!